Canadian Investor Visas
Canada Investor/Business program- QuebecAll applicants under the Quebec Business/Investor programs must show that they are capable of becoming economically established in Canada with the intention of settling in the province of Quebec following acceptance. Upon provincial approval, candidates will receive a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec, or CSQ). The CSQ is the official document issued by the government of Quebec that allows an individual to acquire a Canadian Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa once health and security aspects of the process have been completed.
There are three programs within Quebec Business/Investor Immigration, each with its own requirements and selection process.
Quebec Self-Employed Person ProgramTo qualify as a self-employed person, an individual (and their spouse combined) must have a net worth of at least CAD$100,000 and must have work experience in the profession or trade that you intend to practice in Quebec.
You must have also acquired a minimum of two years’ experience in the profession or trade that you intend to practice after establishing yourselves in Quebec.
Quebec Investor ProgramThe investor program is capped annually at approximately 1,500 applications if you speak some English, however is unlimited if you speak French. Your spouse and any children under the age of 19 can be included in the application (this will change to 22 years of age).
To qualify as an investor, you must have a personal net worth of at least CAD $1.6 million which can include shares, property, pensions or cash in the bank.
You must have 2 years of managerial or business experience with an entity employing at least 2 employees within the 5 years preceding the application. This entity can include a private corporation or a government department where you were involved in management of human resources, financial or material resources in either a commercial business, agricultural business or government or non-governmental organization.
You must also be willing to make a government-secured investment of CAD$800,000 for a period of five years bearing no interest and the primary applicant and each family member on the application must reside in Canada for at least 730 days in order to retain permanent residence.
You must also intend to settle in Quebec.
Pay the application processing fee of approximately $15,015. Note that in order to meet the eligibility criteria for acquiring citizenship, you will be required to physically reside in Canada for at least 1,460 days out of a total 6-year period. However, this is expected to change so the number of days will be reduced to 1,095 out of a total 5 year period).
For further information regarding the Quebec investor program please contact us on 021-22098793.
Quebec Entrepreneur ProgramTo qualify as an entrepreneur, you must have a net worth of at least CAD$300,000, have managerial experience in a business that you either owned or controlled, and be willing and able to establish or acquire a business in Quebec which will create at least 1 job in Quebec.
This program remains open for eligible applicants with advanced intermediate French ability.
New Brunswick PNP Business ImmigrationThe NB business category is for foreign nationals’ interested NB immigration who can contribute to province through a business idea, management experience, and willingness to invest in the region.
Applicants under this NBPNP stream may purchase an existing business in the province, enter into a partnership with a New Brunswick entrepreneur, or can start a brand new business in NB.
To qualify under this PNP New Brunswick stream an eligible candidate must:
– Intend to live in New Brunswick Intend to operate a business in New Brunswick.
– Have at least a high school education.
– Be between 22 and 55 years old.
– Make a deposit of $75,000 that is conditionally refundable.
– Have a personal net worth greater than $300,000.
– Visit New Brunswick for at least 5 full business days to research the business environment.
– Speak enough English or French to be able to actively manage a business in the province.
– Score at least 50 points on selection grid.
– Have gained relevant management experience in 3 of the last 5 years.
– Provide a business plan that demonstrates how the enterprise will benefit New Brunswick.
– British Columbia PNP Business Immigration
– The BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration category contains four sub-categories.
BC Entrepreneur CategoryTo be eligible for this category of the British Columbia PNP Program, applicants must meet the following requirements.
Must have proof of experience as a business manager or owner Must provide a practical business proposal that will prove economic benefits to British Columbia Must show that they have the finances available to invest in a business. This is a net worth of $600,000 which can include spouses finances.
Once the application is approved, the individual will have to follow the following procedures.
A minimum investment of 200,000 dollars must be made to set up, buy or expand a business in BC Candidate must own at least one-third of the equity or shares in the intended BC business.
A performance agreement contract must be signed (you will then have 20 months to implement the business proposal).
At least one full-time job must be made for either Canadian Citizens or permanent residents. The applicant should be part of the management and running of the business on a daily basis. The applicant may bring in one integral member of foreign staff who is essential to the running of the business.
Prospective immigrants that are invited to apply for business immigration to BC must engage a “qualified supplier,” such as a professional chartered accounting firm, to verify his or her personal net worth and review the accumulation of funds.
PNP BC Regional Entrepreneur CategoryImmigration to British Columbia, excluding Vancouver immigration, is possible via this BC PNP Business Category stream as long as the following requirements are satisfied.
You should have experience as a business manager or owner Provide a business plan which will benefit the BC economy Proof of financial investment viability, namely a net worth of $600,000. If the application goes through then the applicant must meet the following requirements:
– Invest at least $200,000 in creating, buying or expanding a BC company (outside Vancouver or Abbotsford).
– Hold at least one-third of the shares in the business A performance agreement contract with the provincial government should be signed Create at least one employment opportunity for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
– Be involved in the daily running and management of the company
Prince Edward Island Investor ProgramAll applicants under this program you may make a full or partial investment on Prince Edward Island in order to obtain permanent residence of Canada.
-Meet the points test;
-Obtain State nomination;
-Hold CAD $600,000 net assets;
-Be between 21 and 59 years of age;
-Meet a low English language threshold;
-Demonstrate management experience;
-Make an initial deposit of CAD $200,000 into a qualifying investment which is refundable at a later date;
-Hold minimum a high school diploma, and
-Make an ongoing investment of CAD $150,000 into either an existing or new business.
In addition, if making a partial investment you must hold either 33.3% of shares in the capital invested totaling a minimum of CAD $150,000.
Business Visitor Visas to CanadaA business visitor is someone who comes to Canada:
– For international business activities without directly entering the Canadian labour market.
– We can help you apply for a business visitor visa you will need to apply for a business visitor visa to Canada:
– To meet people from companies doing business with their country
– To observe site visits
Because a Canadian company invited them for training in:
– Product use
– Other business transaction functions
As a business visitor you must prove that your main source of income and main place of business is outside Canada.
You may not need a visa, but you may need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
When you arrive in Canada, you must show several documents:
– The passport you used to apply for your eTA
– A passport or travel document that is valid for your entire stay and guarantees re-entry to your country of origin
– A letter of support from your parent company and a letter of invitation from the Canadian host company
– Other documents such as warranty or service agreements, contracts, etc. if relevant to the visit
– 24-hour contact details of your business host in Canada
– Proof that you have enough money for both your stay in Canada and your return home.
For help in applying for investor visas to Canada please contact us on 021-22098793.
For further information regarding Canada’s Investor visa program please see the following news article:
Talk to us Today! Click Here or Call